Beauty & The Butcher Fruit Tart
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, room temp.
- 1 package cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon good vanilla
- Fresh strawberries
- kiwi slices
- blueberries (really you could use any fruit you like, raspberries, peaches, star fruit, etc. heck you could even throw some chocolate chips on there and really get crazy!)
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
* if you don’t have the glaze ingredients, a little lemon juice mixed with sugar will work in a pinch
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- For the crust: In a food processor or blender (I used my trusty Blendtec) combine the powdered sugar, flour, and butter, and mix until the mixture forms a ball. With your fingers, press the dough into a 12-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, making sure it’s evenly spread and pushed into the indentations along the side. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until very lightly browned. Set aside
- For the filling and topping: Beat or stir the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Spread over the crust once it’s cooled. Cut the strawberries into 1/4-inch slices and arrange around the edge of the crust. Fill spaces in between with blueberries. For the next circle, use kiwi slices. Repeat these steps and try to make a pretty design in the middle. Pretty easy huh?!
- For the glaze: Combine the limeade, cornstarch, lime juice, and sugar in a small pan and cook over medium heat until clear and thick, about 2 minutes. Let cool. With a pastry brush, glaze the entire tart and save the remaining glaze for another dessert!
- Keep the tart in the fridge and remove about 15 minutes before serving. You might want to make two because this will go so quickly, trust me. It’s also a great thing to bring to someone’s house because you can make it ahead of time, it’s cheap and simple but would be at least $30 in a bakery, and this beautifully shiny fruity masterpiece will impress everyone at the party!