Hey remember that time I was nominated for……(drumroll…don’t you wish you had a permanent drummer following you around in life solely for drumroll purposes?! Maybe I’ll just buy the sound effect on iTunes, that’s probably a little more cost effective…) an AWARD?! I was nominated by the lovely Styletterie for a Liebster Award! (follow and read her blog, she’s wonderfully witty and says all sorts of funny British words that make me giggle)
I was looking through some old blog posts and came upon this one, which was actually one of my most favorites. Even though I wrote it 19 months ago, I truly believe I would still answer the questions in the exact same way so I guess that’s good, like I’m officially comfortable in my own skin? So in case you didn’t read it then, you can now! Here goes…
This award recognizes new bloggers with less than 200 followers that are super duper cool (I added that last part) and gets the word out there to read their blog! I am truly honored and feel like Travis Birkenstock from Clueless right now so… “I’d first like to thank my parents, for never giving me a ride to school, the LA city bus driver for taking a chance on an unknown kid”…..you get the point. But seriously this is pretty cool, (cue daydreams of getting so many followers that I get offered a book deal, then a movie deal, and subsequently become the next Nancy Meyers, my screenplay heroine…and have a house like Diane Keaton’s in “Something’s gotta give”) so here goes nothin’…
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer eleven questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself
Here are the questions I was assigned and my answers to them.
-What is the meaning of life? (Ok, that one’s optional) she said it was optional, I’m not touching that one for fear of sparking unwanted debates.
– What was your best ever holiday and why? Ok my nominator (is that a word, sounds kind of like the terminator?…) is from London so I’m guessing by holiday she means vacation and the answer to that is a bit cliche and I have a feeling you aren’t going to love. It’s not really a specific place for one, because I haven’t been anywhere especially spectacular as of yet, and secondly because (and this is the honest truth) anywhere I’ve gone with my husband is always my favorite holiday. We have so much fun together and enjoy ourselves immensely wether we’re touring New York City, swimming in the ocean, or waiting in endless lines at Disney World, it’s always the best time. So there, that’s my answer and it’s my blog so hmph.
– Who is your style icon? Ooh this is hard! I don’t know that I necessarily have one person to whose style I look, I mean I’ve always had a vintage flair and love Audrey Hepburn, Jackie-O, and such. If I could live in the movie “Funny Face” I would. Also I’d have to say my mother. For as long as I can remember the woman has never left the house without lipstick, NEVER has chipped nails, always smells lovely, and is perfectly coordinated from head to toe no matter what the occasion. She also taught me that no matter what your size you can look good. And that you can never have too much jewelry…which is why I steal hers on a regular basis.
What do you want to be when you grow up? A mommy.
– How did you choose the name for your blog? I love a play on words and wanted something “kitschy”. My husband is a real live butcher and so it just kind of came to me. Sorry it’s not a better story!
– Favourite TV show and ultimate TV crush? I think as a kid I was utterly in love with Zach Morris (I shouldn’t have to tell you what show he was on) and Wesley Crusher from the one and only Star Trek Next Generation. Nowadays I can’t get enough of the new Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, I love a man who can make me laugh. That’s why I married my husband!
– What song do you listen to when you need cheering up? Anything by Jewel. Baha just kidding. Honestly? Disney songs. Seriously. There’s something about belting out “look at this stuff, isn’t it neat, wouldn’t ya think my collections complete?” that instantly puts a smile on your face and a song in your heart. Or something cheesy like that.
– What are you most proud of ? My husband. I’m proud of the wonderful man he has become despite adversity and the happy, comfortable, loving home we have made together. I’m also proud of my mad hostess skills.
– Place you’d most like to visit? Really anywhere in Europe is fine with me. But not like touristy Europe, I want to find a little village in Italy, Spain, or Greece, rent a villa for a month and do as the locals do; eat good food, take naps, soak in the culture, just live.
– Do you speak any other languages? Eh, yes and no. I took Spanish for five years and used to be pretty darn fluent. But alas, my profé would be triste (see I still retained a little) to hear that I’ve lost most of it. I can decipher when guys are talking about me in Walmart or communicate with the little old guacamole lady at the farmers market so I get by if I need to, but I’m pretty rusty.
– What’s the best fancy dress costume you’ve ever done? When I was 8 I was a flower girl in a wedding and a woman my mother was friends with handmade dresses for my sister and I. I felt so fancy getting measured and going for fittings and I’ll never forget the day I saw the final product and got to put it on. This thing had TWELVE layers of fluffy organza in the skirt AND the sleeves, was an explosion of pink, and even had matching fluffy bows on the shoes.
That’s me in the bottom left, notice my super awesome lace gloves and socks too?! So I know maybe the answer should have been my wedding dress but…it was this, sorry.
– Coke or Pepsi? (Just kidding! No one likes Pepsi.) Ha! My husband I have this debate often because I agree with the question that really, there is no question. Coke is just better. But the butcher likes Pepsi, what are ya gonna do?
– Favourite Disney movie and heroine? Well first can I just say I love the way Brits spell words like favorite (favourite) and color (colour)? Ok that being said my favorite Disney movie is…Beauty and the Beast. No Little Mermaid. No, Tangled. WHY MUST YOU TORTURE ME SO?! If we’re going off of what movie I watched, sang, and imitated the most (mainly her splashing up on the rocks all dramatically with the water behind her…sorry mom that’s why there was always so much water on the floor when I got out of the tub!) it’d have to be Ariel and the Little Mermaid. But I am NOT happy that I had to choose.
Ok now 11 random facts about myself…
1. I can’t yoyo to save my life. Seriously if you had a gun to my head and said “yoyo or die” I’d be dead.
2. I’m very funny…in my head.
3. My knees bend backwards like an alien, and I’ll probably get arthritis on them because of it.
4. I LOVE glitter. That is all.
5. I’m claustrophobic which is ironic since I shut my sister in the trunk (we were playing hide and seek I thought it’d be funny) when we were little.
6. My middle name is Nanette. It’s Hebrew and means grace.
7. Although it may not be a possibility, I want to be a mother more than anything, but I’m extremely grateful for my beautiful nieces and love them like my own.
8. I HATE beets. Like literally vomit inducing hate, especially when they’re all boiled and slimy.
9. My cheeks get tingly and break out into a cold sweat when I eat peanut butter. But…I keep eating it, what’s wrong with a cold tingly cheek every now and again?
10. I have a scar inside my top lip from running into the corner of a dresser at the daycare I used to go to. I HATED that place with a passion and am still scarred (both physically and emotionally to this day).
11. I married my best friend. It’s pretty cool, you should try it.
That’s it, we’re done? Well that was fun and hopefully gave you some insight into my brain?